There is nothing more pleasant and relaxing during the summer than going out with your friends on a beach trip – however, if you want to fully enjoy your holiday without spending a fortune on accommodation in the most expensive resorts, then you should know that beach tents are the most suitable option in this case.
Fortunately, you can find beach tents from the cheapest to the most expensive one, depending on your needs and on your budget limits. That being said, these are the top 10 best beach tents listed in no specific order. Be sure to read the Buyer’s Guide if you have confusion on which one to choose.
Buyer’s Guide for Beach Tents
1. Find one that is easy and speedy for setting up. You want to get your beach tent set up as quickly as possible with the least amount of fuss and worry. Don’t be surprised if the tent stakes provided with the set are not very efficient.
No matter how stable and secure your tent is designed, beach goers often recommend placing some plastic bags of sand in the corner areas of the tent to keep it stabilized for when a big breeze comes up.
2. Make sure there are detailed instructions. To make the process easier, make sure the tent you purchase comes with detailed instructions on the steps needed to put up the tent. You also need clear directions on how to disassemble it when you’re ready to go home.
3. Practice Makes Perfect? In order to have a happy experience with your first use of the beach tent, it is a good idea to practice putting it up before you actually head out to the beach with your friends and family. Make sure all the components are within the package you have purchased, and that you are well-prepared to put up the tent.
4. Do some thorough research. Even before you purchase your tent, you can find many videos online concerning proper set-up, which will help determine which type is better for you. The original style of beach tent uses conventional methods of setting up. It uses a framework of sturdy poles and is held down by stakes or sandbags.
The advantage of this is a stable design. The more modern type is called a pop-up beach tent. It quickly pops into the proper shape when you are ready to set it up but it is not so stable on a windy day.
5. Safety precautions. Be aware that a tent shades you from the direct rays of the sun but it can still heat up in the actual tent itself. It is vital to have a beach tent with good windows and ventilation. For extra comfort, a good beach tent should have a floor mat so that everything inside does not get covered with sand.
A lot of sand will still get inside, but this will help. If the product is actually called a beach tent, it should have a floor. Otherwise will be called a sun shelter.
6. Double check what you’re buying. Distinction should also be made between a good quality beach tent and a camping tent. A camping tent is made to withstand wind and rain, and provide nighttime shelter. A camping tent is not always designed for protecting you against the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
If the product you buy is really a quality beach tent, it should be designed with sun protection factors in mind. Many beach tents are designed so that the portions of the tent exposed to the sun are coated to have a layer of protection with a UPF rating of 50.
7. Check the quality and size of the tent. Make sure your tent is big enough for the comfort and safety of the whole family or party that will be using the tent. Different sizes of beach tents are appropriate according to planned usage.
A beach tent with about ten square feet of space inside is quite suitable as a shelter for babies and toddlers who often need a nap time at the beach. However, for an entire family, it is recommended that your tent have at least 30 square feet of space. You never know what kind of weather conditions might develop.
If it gets rainy, you need something waterproof to keep everyone dry. Don’t buy anything that looks flimsy or poorly constructed. A beach tent’s quality is important for your family’s health and safety.
The Top 10 Best Beach Tents
1. The Coleman Road Trip Beach Shade
Manufactured by Coleman, the Road Trip Beach Shade is a beautiful beach tent that can be bought for a fairly affordable price. This tent comes with two zippered doors for those who would like better security and privacy.
It is also useful as a changing room as well. This beach tent also embeds UV guard protection with a sun protection factor of over 50, along with four hanging pockets inside, a carry bag, extra long stakes, sandbags, and a floor mat.
2. WhiteFang Beach Tent
This is one of our top 10 best beach tents because WhiteFang developed a user-friendly tent that’s easy and quick to set up and take down with minimal effort. It only takes a few seconds to lift up the tent and press the rods for it to be ready for use.
There’s enough space to comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 children, thanks to the extended floor space, making it ideal for family getaways.
This beach tent has many storage features to it, such as the mesh pockets where you can safely store your phone, keys and other accessories you often need to hand. Our favorite feature of all? The extended Velcro floor that doubles up as a front door for privacy.
3. Sgodde Large Pop-Up Beach Tent
Sometimes you just want to forget about your problems and chill at the beach. Sgodde designed a beach tent for leisurely days when you need a pop-up tent that provides excellent shelter from the heat.
Its new design with a four-sided ventilation design allows a reasonable amount of air flow to keep you and the kids cool, while the mesh windows keep bugs away.
For extra hot days, this beach tent offers a UPF 50+ sun protection to protect you from the sun’s harmful rays. It’s also waterproof for days when the weather might be unpredictable.
Thanks to its thick flooring, you can enjoy this tent at the park or in the back garden as well as the beach in summer.
4. The One Touch Push-Up Beach Shelter
This is an easy, set up beach shelter that pops up and folds up very efficiently, with only one touch, just like the name suggests. Manufactured by Leberna, this beach tent comes with an elegant carry bag for extra storage space. The One Touch is designed to protect you from the damaging UV rays of the sun. The fabric has a sun protection factor of over 50, which signifies that you will benefit from increased protection against the ultraviolet light. At the same time, the material is coated with heavy duty polyurethane that is very flame retardant as well.
5. Odoland Easy-Up Beach Tent
Looking for the top 10 best beach tents but on a budget? Discover this portable and lightweight tent by Odoland. It’s designed with convenience in mind, making it great to store in a large suitable to carry around with you on your travels.
Don’t be disceived by its small design as this beach tent measures 31 inches once it’s completely folded out. This is ample size for up to three adults looking to relax on a summer’s day.
You can comfortably use this beach tent on windy days without worrying about it breaking as the frame is made from spring steel to maintain the shape for a long time. Plus, it’s rust resistant so there’s no need to maintain the frame with a rust-protective spray.
6. The Texsport Calypso Cabana Beach Shelter
This Texsport shelter can be purchased for a very cheap price and is perfect for any couple. This is a three-sided beach cabana designed to provide you with the utmost protection against the damaging UV rays, thanks to the high quality polyurethane coated walls.
It has three “no see through” mesh windows that come with special storm flaps to prevent your personal items and your tent from being damaged by any storm. This sun tent comes with four weight sand bags for extra stability along with shock corded fiberglass polls. The walls of the tent are flame retardant as well.
7. The Pacific Breeze EasyUp Beach Tent
The Pacific Breeze EasyUp Beach Tent is one of Pacific Breeze’s best products. Not only is it incredibly light, but it is small and compact. It protects from rays UPF 50 or more, and has large windows to give you adequate breathing air. It is especially great for the outdoors with its waterproof floor and comes with sandbags and tent pegs. Pacific Breeze also offers a one year warranty in the event that your tent would be damaged.
8. G4Free Outdoor Automatic Pop Up Tent
This pop up tent is far from time consuming and doesn’t require any assembling whatsoever! It comes with built in sand pockets that help prevent it from blowing away in the wind.
It is made with a special silver fabric to help protect you and your group from the strong sun rays. It is not only great for the beach, but for other outdoor activities and sporting events as well!
9. Arcshell Premium Extra Large Pop-Up Beach Tent
Arcshell designed a beach tent that’s as bright and enchanting as a summer’s day. Ideally attractive and with a leisurely design, this beach tent is the perfect addition to a day out with the family or romantic getaway for two.
It’s 100 percent waterproof and offers 50+ UPF protection to prevent the sun’s harmful rays reaching your skin. For security, this tent can withstand winds up to 25 mphs and the fiberglass frame system makes the entire product lightweight enough to store in your backpack.
Plus, the appropriate side flaps provide efficient ventilation while keeping bugs and insects away. For moments when you want to stay inside but enjoy the sun, remove the cover from the windows, or place them back up for some privacy or nap-time.
10. The Lightspeed Quick Cabana
The Lightspeed Quick Cabana is manufactured by Lightspeed Outdoors and is very durable and affordable. This is a light weight beach tent and is compact. It can be set up within minutes and is not time consuming. It comes with an integrated telescoping pole system and it is very versatile, thus being perfect not just for beaches but also for parks and a variety of other outdoor settings.